Tweet C*Notes!

Friday, May 4, 2012

MCA R.I.P.: Adam Yauch Dead at 47


Bummer news of the day, man...Adam Yauch, a/k/a MCA of the Beastie Boys, lost his battle with cancer today, at the age of 47. When I saw the first headline, I thought it was some stupid internet joke. But no joke, man...what a freaking loss. If you don't know (and why don't you), Adam was the gravely-voiced of the group...and like a lemon to a lime, a lime to a lemon, he sipped the def ale with all the fine women.

Like many in my generation, I grew up with the Beasties. They're one of the few rap acts that maintained credibility and relevancy over a career spanning 3 decades. They made 7 great albums, including License to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Hello Nasty, Ill Communication, and their latest Hot Sauce Committee Part Two. I mean it sincerely when I say that not a day goes by that I don't, for a brief second-- among the millions of other blips in my skull-- have a flash of a Beastie Boys song in my head.

One of the great things about the Beastie's is their videos. Here are some of my faves:












No comments: