Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beyoncé's Fake Baby Bump (?)


I don't really follow Beyoncé news-- I mean, other than what has infiltrated the news here and there. I like a couple of her songs, but I don't really know all that much about her. I knew, for example, that she was pregnant. Good for her. But I didn't know that there was this controversy about whether or not she was faking it.

According to People, there is a rumor going around that she is not really pregnant-- that a surrogate is actually carrying her and Jay-Z's child, and that she is wearing a prosthetic baby bump. Some are citing an interview that she did on Australian television. In the clip, the moment when she sits down to do the interview, her belly seems to cave in a bit as she sits down. I thought this was kind-of silly at first-- I mean, why would she go through all this trouble to pretend to be pregnant? There's no way this could be true. Then I saw the video (watch from the 00:57 mark):




Hmmmm. To me, it really does look like she has a fake bump! I mean look at it-- it looks like it bunches up right before she sits, and as she sits it appears to cave in! Could it be an optical illusion from the dress? I dunno-- I mean, it's not skin tight...but it's not loose either. The only way one could truly tell if it's fake or not is to touch it. THAT'S why I'm not too sold on these rumors. I mean come on-- this woman is way too high profile to pull off a fake stunt like this. Even if there was a surrogate, I don't think that she would risk making appearances with a prosthetic.

I think in a world where celebrities pull crazy stunts to hide things like their addictions or sexuality, there are folks out there looking to start a commotion where there is none. If it is true, it's extremely silly. But I doubt that it is.

BTW-- here are some pics of her from maybe a month or so ago, with her belly exposed:





Not the most pregnant-looking woman I've seen but...I guess she is. Right?

But what do I know? Like I said, I don't follow these things too closely. But Wendy Williams and her audience...they do:

No comments: