Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

R.E.M. Calls It Quits


"A wise man once said--'the skill in attending a party is knowing when it's time to leave.' We built something extraordinary together. We did this thing. And now we're going to walk away from it. " -- Michael Stipe


Holy crap-- talk about the end of an era, man...! After 31 years, R.E.M. is splitting up. It's official. When bands you grew up with start break up, you're fucking old. Don't get any ideas, They Might Be Giants...!!!!

Well, to be honest, I haven't really listened to these guys since Monster. But I did see them perform at Live 8, and they were great-- they always were. Now it's all over, and they leave behind a catalogue of really great songs. Since I'm such a nice guy, I've made a compilation of my favorite R.E.M. songs, that you listen to via Spotify. Just click that button on the right if you have it. Hearing their songs is like Flash Back City, let me tell you.

They made some good videos, too. I think that next to "Losing My Religion", my favorite video of theirs is "Immitation of Life":





We'll always have this good stuff to remember them by.

No comments: