Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

C*Notes: The Book is NOW AVAILABLE!



Three years in the making, three months in the compiling, and about 3 hours to get it online. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "C*Notes: The Book"!

This is the first time I've ever tried to cash in on my writing, and it won't be the last. I've had a few people over the years tell me that I should be writing for a living. And it's not that I've never considered it. I tried my hand at screenwriting over a decade ago. The problem was that while people really liked my work, I was always being told that what I was writing was not marketable. "I love this-- this is great! I just don't know how I can sell this..." GOD, I hated that shit! I guess that's one of the reasons why I ended up working in the ad industry. It was a way for me to be creative while getting paid...and it was a way for me to learn about marketing. I guess the release of this book is a culmination of all of those skills. Not only did I write the books' contents, I created the eBook file, and designed the cover.

So what is "C*Notes: The Book"? Well, it's a compilation of articles from this blog that you're reading right now. The difference is that I went back and revised a few of the articles-- getting rid of typos, rewriting some things here and there, and also adding a few essays that you will not find anywhere else. On top of that, the book and the blog are two separate experiences. The book is an off-line experience, so there are no links, no pictures...it relies entirely on the written word. Writing the blog is fairly easy, because I don't have to work as hard to articulate certain things. I can just link to a YouTube video or link to another article, which leaves me free to just bitch and moan without having to explain much. With the book, I basically leave it up to the reader as to whether or not you wish to explore the topics a bit more.

And what topics will you find in "C*Notes: The Book"? Well, the same one's you'd find here, of course! Here-- read the description that you can find right now on Amazon.com:

Politics, sex, racism, celebrity, health care, religion, and weed. Here's an irreverent, but sincere look at the issues facing Americans today from writer/filmmaker/ad industry pixel-pusher Charles Conyers, Jr.

C*Notes: The Book is a compilation of articles and essays from Charles' "c*notes" blog. Here you will find blunt and often humorous assessments of current events from a guy with an abundance of opinions. Charles tackles a wide-range of topics, often citing events from his personal life-- such as the Health Care debate, through the prism of his father's death from colon cancer, or race-relations from the experience of growing up black in a predominately white New Jersey suburb. You can also read about the time he met, and got a hug, from Bruce Springsteen, or the time he attempted to introduce his fiance to Yoko Ono.

From the serious, to the lighthearted-- you can find it in C*Notes: The Book.

"C*Notes: The Book" is currently available in eBook format, and will soon be released in paperback. You can find it at Amazon, Barnes And Noble, and you can purchase it from my own site. And the best part: It's only $3.00!

Stay tuned for more literary treats from yours truly, including a science-fiction novel that I have been writing for the last 3 years now-- and may be out either by the end of this year, or early next year!

In the meantime, please enjoy the blog-- subscribe, send it to friends, spread the word! I'll love you for it....




No comments: