Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Red State" Full Trailer Released Today



This is on my list as one of the most anticipated films of the year. I've been a Kevin Smith fan for a long time-- I saw Clerks in the theater, along with Chasing Amy and Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I'm also a fan of his podcasts and S.I.R. internet radio programming. So to see a guy who's used to making what one would call "stoner films", do a complete 180 degree turn in style...well, that's pretty goddamn intriguing.

He's been touring with the film since the beginning of the year, and plans on having an Academy-Qualifying screening and a VOD release before it's official theatrical release in October. And this morning, he released the first long-form trailer:





I'm very excited to see this film-- especially since I will be able to watch it on my couch in my house on Labor Day weekend! This is great, considering that I haven't been able to make it out to a movie in MONTHS (it's what happens when you have a new born). The film looks great, and seems like a lot of fun. I just wish that EVERYONE released films through VOD, so I could at least get to see Super 8...or X-Men First Class....or Green Lantern...or Captain America...or Thor....

No comments: