Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Obama Releases Birth Certificate...Again...


Well, there is. Again. It's proof that Obama was born in the United States. After the last few years of conspiracy theories, in addition to the recent rise in this bullshit thanks to the likes of shit head Donald Trump, The White House felt that it was time to re-release evidence that Barack Obama was in fact born in the Hawaii, which is located in the United States of America.

I can't say that I'm surprised that The White House has chosen to acknowledge this birther garbage. People like Donald Trump and Franklin Graham need to be mocked and belittled-- not convinced! They are inventing and propagating flat out lies. Whether or not they are truly misinformed or purposefully lying remains to be seen. No matter the motivation, this entire argument-- and the people behind it-- are a waste of time and energy.

"We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We have better stuff to do. I have got better stuff to do. We have got big problems to solve."-- President Obama

That's what he said at a press conference today regarding the White House release of the new-old birth certificate. There are actually some people out there that are asking "What took you so long?" Fuck you-- are you kidding me?! How is it that you could be so lame-brained that you were not convinced that this guy was a citizen from the get-go?! What is it REALLY about this particular birth certificate that is ANY DIFFERENT from the first one they released?! The only thing that this "new"release proves is that ANY ONE that has entertained this birther nonsense is an idiot. I'm not convinced, however, that this issue is done with. That very question of "what too so long" is going to open up a slate of NEW conspiracy theories. People will now suggest that it took this long to forge a certificate before they released it to the public, and "we need to test it!" or "we want to see it in person!".

I will never understand why we give the uneducated and the obnoxiously ignorant this type of attention. The fact that we have clogged up our national discourse-- in the midst of all of the problems that we face today-- over what some racists and conspiracy theorists believe is so sad to me. I mean really-- if George W. Bush was put under this type of scrutiny, he'd had been impeached before his first term ended.

In the end, I don't think any of this is all that lofty. There is only one reason why the White House released this information:

"Today I'm very proud of myself, because I've accomplished something that no one else has been able to accomplish. I want to look at it, but I hope it's true. ... But he should have done it a long time ago." --Donald Trump
Seriously, what a classless douche.

No comments: