Tweet C*Notes!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Following Me on Twitter + BIG Announcement


First thing's first: Twitter.

When it was first released five years ago on March 21st (my birthday, actually), I thought it was dumb. I believe I called it "blogging for lazy people". To me, it was a fad that would die quickly. Then, politicians and celebrities started using it. And now, well...I was so freakin' wrong, it's embarrassing to admit it. I was as wrong about Twitter as I was about Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD (my brother went out an bought an HD-DVD player because of me...sorry, bro).

So now, here I am-- five years later, and ready to embrace what many others have already. I have had a Twitter account for a couple of years now, and I hardly ever use it. That will now change. From this moment forward, I will commit myself to (wow, I'm actually gonna say it now) "tweeting" at least once-a-day-- and I won't just be tweeting about the blog or films I'm working on or other things. I will try to use it as a writing exercise, to see how much I can actually articulate in 140 characters. May be entertaining, may be dumb. And I can say that the more people who are following me, the more I will be motivated to fill your lives with pearls of wisdom and stupidity. That's my pledge to you.

So, follow me on @ccconyersjr on the Twitter, and let me (try) to entertain you. 

And now, the BIG announcement...

...which I will be revealing in a couple of weeks. It's something that I have been working on for the last two-and-a-half weeks. It's an experiment, more than anything, but one that I will be sharing with the people. If you enjoy what I've been doing on this blog, then I think you may enjoy what I will be sharing with you all. I've been writing on this blog for nearly three years now, so I think it's time.

Please stay tuned for the grand reveal, either here on the blog, or (you guessed it) through Twitter.


Thank you, and that is all for now.

No comments: