Tweet C*Notes!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Hot Saucing": Or, Asshole Parents Can't Communicate With Their Kids


I saw this on the Joy Behar Show last night. She talked about this twat living in Alaska that was on Dr. Phil's show, spotlighting the forms of punishment she would subject her adopted child through when he was misbehaving. One thing she would do is force him to take a cold shower. The other thing she would do is force him to DRINK hot sauce.

I have to pause a bit here and there while I write this, because the anger and disgust seething inside of me is rushing through my brain and my fingers are having a hard time keeping up with it. There will be some swearing here, so be warned....

What. The. Fuck. What kind of mindless, shit-headed fuck would do this to a child?! How can you look in that little face and TORTURE-- yes, torture-- a small child because what? They misbehaved, right? What could they have POSSIBLY DONE that would condone this kind of treatment?

This is a child. You are an adult. That child sitting in front of you has LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE in the world!!!! It is your responsibility as the adult to help guide that child to making the right decisions. Are they going to mess up, either by accident or on purpose? Of course they are-- they're children, it's what they're going to do. Kids are going to fuck up-- it happens. So what kind of emotional retard would you have to be to HARM them physically and psychologically?! Tell me-- what the FUCK could a child POSSIBLY DO to deserve this treatment?! What, were they screaming while you were on the phone? Did they talk back? Did they dump their food on the table or floor? Did they neglect or refuse or forget to pick up their toys? Or was it something a lot worse-- like taking your car for a joy ride? Did they threaten you with a knife or gun? Did they shit or piss on your clothes? WHAT DID THEY DO?!

I have a 5 year-old girl, and a newborn boy coming. Now, my daughter is extremely polite and well-behaved-- she's smart, charming, beautiful-- a lovely LOVELY young girl. And yes, she's acted up. Yes, she's misbehaved. Have I ever ONCE laid a hand on her?! Nope. Have I ever punished her? Of course I have. But nothing ever more severe than taking away her Wii for a day, or making her go to her room-- and even then, that is a RARE event. You know why? Because I TALK to my child. I talk to her, among other reasons, because I am interested in knowing what makes her tick. And I want her to know that she can come to me and talk to me about ANYTHING. And you know what? Sometimes she still acts up. And I understand that she's doing these things BECAUSE SHE'S 5 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!! She's a kid!!!!! A baby, with only 5 years of experience as a human being!!!! And I don't expect her to know every goddamn thing! I expect that she's probably going to "try me" a few times to know what her boundaries are. But the moment I start torturing her with hot sauce and other bullshit...that's when something clicks in a child's mind. From that first moment, and through the other times you decided to torture them....they no longer trust you. They resent you. And they will carry that resentment for the rest of their lives.

My parents used to hit me. There are times when they hit me HARD. There are no physical scars on me, but I know that I carried a tremendous amount of resentment for BOTH OF THEM for a very VERY long time (well into my adulthood). Part of me never really forgave them for it. It's only as an adult that I came to understand that they had issues, and frustrations of life, and they had no other way emotionally of dealing with certain things. They are only human, after all. After my dad died a couple of years ago (2009), I've come to understand him more and more. There are some things that I will never know about my dad now that he's gone-- he was a war vet that went through a very traumatic time. He told me before he died that he and his comrades-in-arms were "baby-killers" (his words). I found out after he died that he got shot. I also found out that after he came home from the war, they brought him back for 3 months for some kind of top secret mission. He refused to discuss these things, even with my mother. I can only imagine how those things fucked him up in the head a bit.

Don't get me wrong-- my parents weren't cruel people AT ALL. They were both loving and caring, and gave me and my brother any and everything we ever wanted. But the hitting effected me, and my brother. Now that I am a parent, I couldn't even IMAGINE hitting my children. EVER. It's just not in me to remotely even entertain that option. As far as this "hot saucing" bullshit is concerned, that to me is even worse. It's the same kind of shit that they do to detainees at Guantanamo Bay-- and has the same effects!!!! After the punishment, you're left with your thoughts...and you stew in them. You can't believe that these people would do something like this to you. And for that moment...you hate them. That's what these kids are going through-- that's what they're feeling. They HATE you for what you've done. And the more you do, the less likely they will be to ever forgiving you for doing it.

So to all you mindless c*nts out there that like to do this to your kids...first of all, fuck you. Second of all, don't be surprised when your kids turn on you; especially when then get older. And they WILL turn on you, in one way, shape or form. And eventually, they're gonna be too old to hit, or torture. THEN what will you do?


Go to hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn right