Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Harvest City: Haiti's Floating Island Proposal



I'm a sucker for a great idea. I also get all weak-in-the-knees for 1950's style concept art. So you could imagine my orgasmic reaction to the artwork created by E. Kevin Schopfer and Tangram 3DS to show their vision of a floating city that could produce food and promote industry. The concept is a collection of island based on the principle of Arcology that could house 30,000 people.

I really love this stuff. I particularly love the Arcology concept. The idea of bringing modern architecture more ecologically and environmentally sound seems like a no-brainer. It's a thing of science fiction that could be actualized, only if there were some wealthy bastards out there willing to invest in it. I mean, if anything, the structures themselves could be absolutely amazing:





Imagine seeing this stuff in real life! I'm telling you-- ANY city that decides to be the first to build something like this will have more tourism $$$ than they'll know what to do with.

No comments: