Tweet C*Notes!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Conan Commercial For Black People

I have to tell you that I have been a bad Coco fan. I was there at the very beginning with his late night show-- back when NBC wanted to replace him with Greg Kennear. I was there when No Doubt and Weezer had their television debuts on his show. But now...his new show has been on for nearly 2 weeks now...and I have not seen ONE episode. I haven't even DVR'd it (I keep forgetting). LAME. I promise I will get better.

In the meantime, I found this clip from last night's show, when Deon Cole wanted to hook Conan up with a black-themed commercial-- just like McDonalds and Colgate:


SO freaking funny, because it's true. It's one of my pet-peeves about advertising-- the "let's throw some R&B music in with the black folks 'cause they like that kind of thing and will respond to it" bullshit. This parody is pitch-perfect. A TAD bit too long, but hey...it's still great.

No comments: