Tweet C*Notes!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Where I Have Been: NowPublic



Hi all! Or, should I say "Hi, you," as I'm sure you're the only one reading this blog. And if you do read this blog, or check in every now-and-then, you may notice that the consistency of my postings have dropped off in the last month. I had recently discovered a new place to flex my writing muscles, and I decided to give it a go for a little while. And I did.

The place is called NowPublic. It's a news site that is powered by the people (or "Crowd Powered Media", as they call it). Basically, any Tom, Dick or Harry (or Jane, Lucy, or Martina) can blog about major or not so major news stories. Could be politics, movies whatever. It seemed to me like an interesting place to write my more political stuff, since most people that read my blog couldn't care less about politics (apparently...maybe I'm wrong, I dunno-- there's really no way of telling that for sure).

I must say that my articles have been widely read-- more so than they have here. But the one thing that I have noticed is that I have an amazing amount of freedom here. I can pretty much write whatever I want here, an no one from Google is climbing up my ass about it. NowPublic has a series of content police, or "Editors", as they like to call them, that will deem whether or not you have an article worthy of their space. Sure, I mean, that's totally legit. Annoying, but legit.

Another thing about the site that's worth mentioning are the people that visit and post their. They are mostly Conservative (I was told that the site owners are Conservative-leaning). I get quite a response from people that comment on my work, often by angry, bitter little people that have nothing intelligent to say-- they just want to bitch at me. Then I respond to their bitching, and you know what happens? They disappear. Nothing else to say. Big mouths, no balls. It's very funny. It's especially interesting when I talk about race. There are some sensitive White folks out there, let me tell you! Nothing like having a Black guy tell you what's wrong with you, huh?! But seriously, not everyone has been like that. Some have, but most have not. All-in-all, it's been an interesting experience.

At this point, I feel as if I've OD'd on politics for the time being. I really have not a thing more that I want to say about the f*cking idiots running our country. But if you're interested in what I've been saying over there, check it out here.

In the mean time, I'll be here...writing about all the fun stuff that I usually like to write about...and junk...

No comments: