Tweet C*Notes!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Abbey Road Studios is Declared a National Landmark

 

On August 8th, 1969, at approximately 11:30am, an English rock and roll band called The Beatles walked across Abbey Road for a photo shoot for what would become their final recording together.

On February 3rd, 2010, British Culture Minister Margaret Hodge announced that Abbey Road studios, where The Beatles recorded almost all of their albums, has been declared a national historic landmark.

Many bands and many recordings have been made at Abbey Road, but most of us know it as the place where the Beatles made their magic. It's a mecca for any fan that makes it out to London. There's even a website with a collection of photos of people emulating the famous album cover. I know I used to stare at that cover, along with Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour's book, with much wonder at awe of this little band from Liverpool that gave so much to all of us that love good music.

Hopefully I'll make my way out there, and do my own walk. Don't know if I'll take a picture of it, because I'm just not that kind of person...but just being there, and seeing it with my own looking-balls...that'll be pretty cool. But as of today, it'll also be pretty historic.

No comments: