Tweet C*Notes!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet": They Might Be Giants FLOOD (1990)




It was almost exactly 20 years ago (January 5th, 1990)  that They Might Be Giants released their third album called "Flood". I was 17 years old when I first heard "Birdhouse In Your Soul", and I remember being quite captivated with them and their sound. They performed the song on the Tonight Show with Doc Severson and the NBC Orchestra (with Jay Leno guest hosting that night).

"Flood" is still, to this day, one of the best albums I have ever heard. From beginning to end, the hits just keep coming and coming: Particle Man, You Racist Friend, We Want a Rock, Lucky Ball & Chain, Dead, Instanbul (Not Constantinople)...it's just great stuff. My daughter has already seen them perform live (when she was 2 and a half), and she LOVED them! What's not to love?



If you don't have it yet, get it now.  Or, you know, whenever you're ready...

No comments: