Tweet C*Notes!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me!!!!!

"..and you wonder why blacks bitch...!" -- Robin Harris, comedian

Okay, I really hate to beat a dead horse, especially a horse that should have decomposed long, long, LONG ago, but THIS is just insane.

Look at this garbage:


Courtesy of The Huffington Post, this image accompanied an email sent out by  Los Alamitos, California mayor Dean Grose. You wanna know what the caption was? "No Easter egg hunt this year."

When confronted about this monstrosity, his response...wait for it...he didn't mean to offend, and was UNAWARE that black people liking watermelon was a stereotype.

Sigh:





...oh, I could go on for DAYS with this stuff.

Look, I really don't care if you're a racist. I really don't-- that's your problem, and I don't make other people's problems my problems. But pretending that you had no idea of the stereotype? Are you f**king kidding me?! Then tell me, what did this image mean?! What do watermelon and the White House have in common?!

If you people (yes, I said "you people") really want to at LEAST give the illusion that you're grown ups, then you really must stop your bullsh*t. OWN WHO YOU ARE. Again, I don't care if you're a racist. Your immaturity, emotional retardation, and outright ignorance is on you. As someone that works with Photoshop and other graphic design software, this is something that I know had to have taken a little bit of time and thought to put together. Someone actually built this image, thought about it, assembled it, attached it to an HTML email, and sent it out to people. And again, if you want to show everyone what a moron you are, that's ALL ON YOU.

But just accept who you are, and be proud of it.

After all of those complaints about Eric Holder's comments, it turns out that he was right. But most of us knew that already.

1 comment: